Saturday, April 30, 2011

I met a man and within hours we were friends

I recently met a man and within hours we were friends. 

Now many of you who know me will say, "HUH?!!"

I know, "FRIENDS" is such a highly volatile and misunderstood word. He and I exchanged Tweets and emails, I still am yet to hear his voice...even on the phone, but, yes, he is my friend.

Now depending on who you are, you might have had the opportunity to have worked with me, or spent some time with me, or even have been loved (a time or two) by...me, but you are all aware that I only give you so much. I am very passionate and I love and care, and I am a great resource to those I come to care for, but all this is solely MY terms. I am well aware of (what people often call) my shortcomings, which, as I see them, are a part of me and I never apologize for who and what I am. Now, each of you will have a memory of me, and each of you will have an image of me that I am sure is true to some extent, but very few people have a FULL understanding of who I am.

My sister Camille is probably the only person who I KNOW for a fact has periodically seen behind the protective shell I have worn for the entirety of my life.

I say all of that to simply share with you that "I met a man and within hours were friends."

I read one of his blogs in which he introduced a song to his readers. Now admittedly, I have never heard the song, nor had I even heard of the artist, but I went to youtube and listened to it.

I cried for about 8 minutes.

Then I wrote this note. Didn't edit, didn't check the spelling or the grammar...so please forgive me.

"I met a man and within hours we were friends."

I too was 'cursed' with a gypsy soul and was born for leaving. 

He doesn't know me, but he saw me. Although I smiled beautifully and my eyes sparkled, he saw me. I am truly thankful for that.

Welcome cowboy and I am amazed at your insight and careful scrutiny of me, even from so far away. You see me, and normally that would scare me, but I'm intrigued and still smiling. How do you manage so much success in such a short time, where so many have tried for years and failed miserably?

I leave this with all of you...



"Love me while you have me. Drink of me when I open to quench your thirst. Learn the lessons I teach. You really never know when the gypsy will find the need to roam again. It's in me, like fire through my veins and I must go, when it is time to go."

2 comments:

  1. I can relate, I met a man back in 1998 and we are still friends to this day! No need for explanations just do and be you because you are unique and you know in your heart who qualifies to be a "friend".

    ReplyDelete